Saturday, January 14, 2012

60 Day Challenge Week 1- Start Date 1/9/2012

Week 1 was truly a breeze, I was excited about the change, I was looking forward to the workouts, eating clean and feeling lean! Now I just have to keep this momentum going for the next 54 days! :) I'm actually looking forward to the next phase in my transformation. In fact, I'm actually even planning to take some bikini pictures to begin tracking my muscular development throughout this journey. The most exciting news is not only the fact that I'm down 2.8 lbs and weighed in at 146lbs and 31.6% Body fat! (smile) but that I completed 7 workouts as well. So, in case I didn't explain this before, the challenge is to workout 7 times per week as opposed to 7 days per week. However, if one wanted to workout 1 time per day for the next 60 days they would be more than welcomed to. I had a bit of a time with training the rear delts and my leg day was brutal. However, I did a Personal Training session with Arvell and Tujuana to finish off the week and struggled my way all the way through it. Lol. For week 2 I'd like to incorporate a much more organized eating schedule, I found myself missing my protein snacks and I know that's critical for my muscle building needs. My meal plan was

Breakfast: 5 egg whites, veggies and a starch
Mid morning: Protein snack & veggies
Lunch: 6oz of lean meat, salad and veggies, a starch
Late afternoon: Protein snack & veggies
Dinner: 6oz of lean meat, salad and veggies, a starch
Evening: 5 Egg Whites & veggies
****No carbs after 7 and I eliminated all my unnecessary snacking.

****Post Pregnancy, Toned and Tight, Lean Body.......HERE I COME!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Miesha! I too am challenging myself. Initially, I committed to only 30 days but since you called me out I will attempt to rough it out for the full 60 days! I was able to get 7 workouts in this week with a combination of classes (even a 6am class) and brutal personal training sessions and still find a day to rest. I am down 2.8lbs & 2% body fat. Now as always I struggle with eating...not choices, but skipping meals. I must focus on maintaining a proper meal regiment. I hope others reading this realize that we ALL struggle to maintain healthy lifestyles so don't feel that you are alone. Miesha sets a great example and keeps it REAL! Good luck in Week 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TD..... You got this!!! I you are an excellent example of fit over 40! Actually I really think you make it look good! You practice what u preach to the members all week and I'm sure they'll find it refreshing to see that we go through the motions too! Keep up the good work! I heard u been looking good lastly! ;)

    ReplyDelete